Here are the shows you can get involved in! Contact the Director if you know them, or email [email protected] to find out more.
To act in any of our productions, you must become a member – see the “Get involved” page for all the details. We do not charge any further fees on a per show basis – as a member you can perform in as many productions as you like during the year!
The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen’s Guild Dramatic Society Murder Mystery – June
Blue Remembered Hills – September
By Dennis Potter. Directed by Jackie Shearer.
5 males, 2 females
- Willie – smarter, excitable, love airplanes always watching and thinking (acting with eyes and ears)
- Peter – Bully, not very clever (scratch head, confused look), thinks with fists, always wants what the others have
- Raymond – Younger, sensitive, cowboy (toy gun focus of attention), stutter, follower
- John – protective of brother (Raymond), intelligent, diplomatic, calms atmosphere, moral
- Angela – girly girl, twirls hair, she uses her femininity to get her way, always gets her way, doll prop (likes playing the mummy)
- Audrey – unfortunate, boys don’t like her, threatened by her tomboyish nature, stroppy, happily resorts to violence
- Donald – loner, abused, scared, isolated, introvert, scratching his body, hiding his scars with clothes
This deceptively simple tale relates the activities of seven English children, played by adults, on a summer afternoon during World War II.
Round And Round The Garden – October
By Alan Aykbourn. Directed by Danny Sparkes.
3 males, 3 females –
- Reg (Annie & Ruth’s brother)
- Sarah (Reg’s wife)
- Annie (Reg & Ruth’s sister)
- Ruth (Reg & Annie’s sister)
- Norman (Ruth’s husband)
- Tom (A vet)
This play is part of the Norman Conquests trilogy which takes place over one weekend, with the hapless Norman trying to involve himself with his sister in law and this brother in laws wife. It is a comedy which shows just what happens when misunderstandings occur!
Jack & The Beanstalk – December
Directed by Andrew Hamel-Cooke
There’ll be magic beans this year at The Nomad Theatre. Jack, the Dame and the cow adventure up the beanstalk to defeat the evil Giant. But will Jack win his girl’s heart and the riches he so badly needs? Will good prevail over evil?
Character list coming soon…