The Nomads will be presenting Trivial Pursuits by Frank Vickery in September 2018, directed by Michael Ayres (Artistic Director, The Nomads).
- Performance dates: 12-15 September 2018 at 7:45pm
- Rehearsal days: Tuesday and Thursday
- Tuesday 31 July – 7:30
- Thursday 2 August – 7:30
- Sunday 5 August – 1:00
Auditions will be held in the Bob King room at The Nomad Theatre, Bishopsmead Parade, East Horsley, Leatherhead, Surrey KT24 6RT (click here)
If you are interested in auditioning and/or would like further information, please email us to let us know on annabelle.nomad[email protected]
Characters (playing ages are flexible):
Teddy – Often insensitive and selfish, he sees himself as a joker. Very friendly with Joyce.
Joyce – Roz’ sister. Once talented and well-meaning; a lush, she gets drunk during the play.
Mona – the choreographer. With no real sense of humour, she takes herself very seriously and has a hard edge. Maybe fancied Teddy in the past, but was ignored. Bitter?
Pearl – the Treasurer. Sensible and straightforward.
Roz – Nick’s wife and Joyce’s sister; the sensible, organised person behind Nick’s power.
Jessica – pretty and younger than the other members.
Derek – Boring and pathetic, but harmless. His divorce from Deirdre is about to be finalised, but he is missing her and is miserable without her. He has been involved with the Operatic Society through Deirdre.
- Nick – Roz’ husband. The society Business Manager. He feels pressured from all sides, and is in a no-win situation, but does find opportunities to get something positive out of it, however. Fancies Jessica.
- Deirdre – happy to be getting divorced from Derek, as she feels she can start living life now.
- Eddie – not part of the society, he has tagged along with Deirdre. His only interest is television.