The Nomads will be presenting Jack and the Beanstalk by Peter Forbes in December 2019, directed by Andrew Hamel-Cooke.
- Musical Director: James Marr
- Production Manager: Annabelle Lawrence
- Performance dates: 10-14 December 2019 (inc Matinee on 14th)
- Rehearsal days: Sundays from September, weeknights to suit the cast from October
- Sunday 30th June – 2:30 PM
- Thursday 11th July – 7:30 PM
- Monday 15th July – 7:30 PM
If you are interested in auditioning and/or would like to know more, please contact Annabelle Lawrence, Production Manager on [email protected], or call Andrew, Director on 07447 527180.
A chuckle-full adventure of a show this year at The Nomad Theatre! In the village of Ample Bottom, Jack and his friends and family live in fear of the Giant and his nasty crew. After a bit of a mix-up with some beans and the family cow, will Jack’s visit to the cloud land end in victory?
A very popular show locally, the pantomime at Nomads is often full to the brim with theatre-goers enjoying our festive treats. With excellent reviews for both Cinderella in 2015 and Dick Whittington & his cat in 2017, plus a NODA accolade for Drama recently awarded to A Christmas Carol following the production in December 2018, the Nomads team are very much looking forward to the challenges and potential for fun that Jack and the Beanstalk will bring this year!
Characters – playing age ranges are flexible, as always:
- Grotweasel: A thoroughly wicked, villainous person. Singing. | Male | Any age
- Fairy Godmother: Young, ditsy. Singing. | Female | 18-30 (or, younger than the FGG)
- Fairy Greatgodmother: Traditional fairy. Singing. | Female | Older than the FG
- Sally: Silly Sally, Jack’s sister, tomboyish and a bit of a mess. Singing. | Female | 18-30
- Jack: Principal boy, swagger required. Singing. | Female | 18-35
- Dame: “Flower” Pott, the widow, mumsy but witty. Singing. | Male | 30-60
- Daisy: Cow, 2-people
- Squire: Typical sneering swine, Jill’s father. Singing. | Male | 30-60
- Dogbreath: Squires man, scruffy. Singing. | Male | 18-40
- Hairball: Squires ‘other’ man, hairline-meets-eyebrows-meets-beard. Singing. | Male | 18-40
- Jill: Principal girl, Squire’s daughter, sweet on Jack. Singing. | Female | 18-35
- Villagers: All ages, singing required. Dancers will be specifically chosen, for all others, some movement required.
- Mummy: Not your mummy, a mummy.
- Cook: Food lover but slovenly and unlovely | Female | 25-60
- Giant: Sometimes a voice, may be seen | Male | Any age
- Big Chicken: Now then, not what you were thinking.
- Voice over artists: TV Chef, Sarcastic Harp
We welcome anyone to register their interest for the show, let us know what date you’ll be attending the auditions!