The Nomads will be presenting Round And Round The Garden by Alan Ayckbourn in October 2019, directed by Danny Sparkes.
- Performance dates: 8-12 October 2019
- Rehearsal days: TBC
- Sunday 30th June
- Tuesday 2nd July
If you are interested, please contact Danny – she says:
“I am looking forward to this new venture with a new society. I hope to have a read through/cast evening before July, give out scripts and start rehearsals mid-August I would hope to hold 2 rehearsals a week, with the option to increase as we get towards production dates. I thought Sunday evening plus another evening, to suit cast.”
Danny Sparkes (Director) – [email protected] /07855 120387 /01932 343183
This play is the third of the “Norman Trilogy”. The ‘Norman Conquests’ occur during a single weekend in different parts of the same house and concern a group of related people. Each play is complete in itself. A common factor is Norman’s inadequate attempts to involve himself in turn with his sister-in-law, his brother-in-law’s wife and his own wife!
There are three couples in the play – Annie and Tom, Norman and Ruth, Reg and Sarah
- Tom – is a thoughtful, pensive man; a ‘stolid’ veterinary surgeon, happier with animals than humans, but probably in love with Annie
- Annie -‘spinster of this parish’ and carer of her mother; probably in love with Tom
- Norman – Annie’s brother in law; likes to think he is “Jack the Lad”; (The ‘Norman’ of the Trilogy). “I only want to make you happy!!”
- Reg – Annie’s (and Ruth’s) brother; a trifle pedantic (especially about mileage!)
- Sarah —wife of Reg
- Ruth – Annie’s sister; long-suffering wife of Norman
The action takes place in the garden of Annie and her mother’s home, over Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Mother is never seen!