The Nomad Theatre is set behind Bishopsmead Parade at the southern end of Ockham Road South in East Horsley. The theatre building itself has plenty of indoor space which is accessible to all, including washroom facilities and wheelchair audience spaces.
Driving – postcode for SatNavs: KT246RT
- From the M25/A3 southbound, take the B2039 (Ockham Road North) and follow the road for 3.8 miles through the village. Bishopsmead Parade is on your left.
- From the A3 travelling London-bound, take the B2215 exit to Ripley and turn right at the roundabout on to the A247 to Clandon. Turn left at the major crossroads on to the A246 Epsom Road towards Leatherhead and the left at The Duke of Wellington pub on to Ockham Road South after 3 miles.
- From Leatherhead take the A246 towards Guildford for 4 miles and turn right at The Duke of Wellington pub on to Ockham Road South.
We have limited spaces in our car park – please contact us to request loading access if you are a performer.
If you require a disabled parking space, parking vouchers must be booked along with your ticket or by contacting [email protected]
- Bishopsmead Parade – there are 20 spaces at the parade, but parking on a Saturday is limited to 1 hour before 6pm.
- St Martin’s Lane (use postcode KT24 6RH) – there are 30 free spaces here. Opposite the church, follow St Martin’s close round to the right and you can access the car park via Holmwood Close. There is a walkway through to the main road.
- De Vere Horsley Estate (use KT24 6DT) – our neighbour have kindly offered their overflow car park for the day. The entrance is next to the pedestrian crossing, behind residential property “Bishopsgate Lodge”. Please state you’re visiting The Nomad Theatre at the gate.
Horsley station is served by Southwestern Railway, Guildford – London Waterloo trains via Cobham or Leatherhead and by Southern Guildford – London Victoria trains. Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk to plan your journey.
You can walk from the station to the theatre in 20 minutes, the 479 bus runs through the village, or taxis are available locally.
Horsley is served by the following routes. See full map.
- 479 – Guildford Friary bus station to Epsom – see timetable
- 478 – Guildford Friary bus station to Woodbridge Tesco, Leatherhead – see timetable
Magnum Cars & Carriages – 01483 281111 are situated on Station Approach, Horsley
Silver Arrows – 01483 280050 are situated in St Martin’s House, opposite Bishopsmead Parade
Places to stay
There are two local hotels within walking distance of the theatre:
Thatcher’s Hotel – see website
Want your local service listed? Contact [email protected] to get involved